Day one results:
Time walking: 4.0 hours
Steps taken: 15,130
Miles walked: 5.18
Calories burned: 757
Body weight: 213.5
Day 1 lessons learned:
- I can read and type an email response and control the mouse at up to 2.5 mph. No problem. If I need to concentrate, I have to reduce the speed.
- Treadmills generate heat. And in my small office it can be hot in the summertime. Our AC bill is going to go up.
- My hip is killing me. Not sure why. When I walk the dogs, it never bothers me. Something about my stride on the treadmill isn’t right. I hope this won’t be a deal breaker, but I am concerned. Hopefully, my legs and surrounding muscles will continue to strengthen and the pain will go away.
- My posture is much better on the treadmill than sitting. When I sat down today, I was surprised by how upright I was.
- “Treadmill fail” videos are funny. Type it into youtube and prepare to laugh. I almost wiped out a couple of times today.
- My friend Dr. Nanos would enjoy something like this. Or I think she would.
- Wearing the Vest and doing breathing treatments while walking takes some coordination, though it seemed like my doses of hypertonic saline went fast. I need to time them on and off the treadmill.
- Life is good.